Mindfulness-Based psychotherapy and courses in Suffolk.
I am a Suffolk-based qualified psychotherapist offering short and long-term psychotherapy for adults and supervision for professionals. My background is in transpersonal psychology, sensorimotor psychotherapy for trauma, and EMDR.
Suffolk Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Cognitive therapy courses
Mindfulness-based stress reduction can help us to be more present and be accepting toward emotional stress, depression, anxiety, and chronic pain. We can do this through the practice of mindfulness by becoming more aware of our thoughts, feelings and body sensations, from the moment –to- moment. In practising mindfulness we give ourselves the possibility of greater freedom and choice, so we do not have to go into the same old ‘mental ruts’.
EMDR is renowned for being highly effective in treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and is recommended as a treatment of choice by NICE, the national institute for clinical excellence.
New MBSR /MBCT courses; 2019
- From Head to Heart to Hara 3 week course starts in May 2019 at Yoga Park Beccles
- Harmony centre 8-week MBSR course September 2019
- Day Tuesday night 7.00pm-9.00pm
- Also at the Harmony centre, Monthly mindfulness meditation group
- every second Tuesday of the month for participants who have experience of mindfulness meditation
- Self Compassion one day workshop 30th June 2019
- Retreat days throughout the year pay by donation March 2019
- June 2019 November 2019