Mindfulness-Based psychotherapy and courses in Suffolk.
I am a Suffolk-based qualified psychotherapist offering short and long-term psychotherapy for adults and supervision for professionals. My background is in transpersonal psychology, sensorimotor psychotherapy for trauma, and EMDR.
Suffolk Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Cognitive therapy courses
Mindfulness-based stress reduction can help us to be more present and be accepting toward emotional stress, depression, anxiety, and chronic pain. We can do this through the practice of mindfulness by becoming more aware of our thoughts, feelings and body sensations, from the moment –to- moment. In practising mindfulness we give ourselves the possibility of greater freedom and choice, so we do not have to go into the same old ‘mental ruts’.
EMDR is renowned for being highly effective in treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and is recommended as a treatment of choice by NICE, the national institute for clinical excellence.
New MBSR /MBCT courses; 2019/20
- Harmony centre 8-week MBSR/CT course 15th October 2019
- Tuesday night 7.00pm-9.00pm
- Also at the Harmony centre, Monthly mindfulness meditation group January 2020
- every second Tuesday of the month for participants who have experience of mindfulness meditation
- Self Compassion one day workshop 4th July 2020
- Retreat days throughout the year pay by donation
- 16th November 2019